As parents of kids in youth sports we watched a problem grow year after year: the financial burden paid by families so their kids can participate. As media professionals with a combined experience of some 70 years in TV and the Internet, we thought we could create a powerful solution.
You could call it an “ah ha” moment:
“What if we could create a national network of youth sports & school websites and sell advertising to (family friendly) companies seeking to align their brands with club and school sports?”
So we looked at the youth sports online landscape which lead to some surprising and encouraging conclusions.
- There were no networks of youth sports or school websites accepting national online advertising.
- Club, school and team websites are a very important component of running the organizations.
- Most club and team websites are very basic in design.
- Few carried any form of advertising to help clubs with revenue generation.
- The market potential for advertiser to reach: estimated 65 million young athletes in the U.S.
- Internet Advertising is exploding; expected to reach $100 billion globally in 2013.
So. We could help and create an awesome business in the process by:
- Providing a great (FREE) website to clubs and schools with superior content and navigation and professionally integrated ad units.
- Offer a highly valuable engaged audience of parents, kids, coaches and supporters to local and national advertisers.
- Offer ways for advertisers to give back by placing ad campaigns and donating to the Active Youth Foundation.
As a business our secret sauce is giving 70% of sales (essentially the profits) back to the member clubs and schools and ultimately, the families of student athletes.
Advertisers know the value of reaching groups that are deeply engaged around a common interest especially if they can offer a value proposition that appeals to that interest. We’ve all heard of soccer moms, yes?
What we are engaged in now is building an online community where members and advertisers and contributors are stakeholders in the enterprise defined by the belief that youth sports are important for building our kids skills, character and success in life.
It’s a win-win-win.
We are hoping to recruit like minded members to be evangelists for the Active Youth Network. Please contact us if you’d like to help.
Call: Nick Cavarra (303) 886-5538 or Chris Westerkamp (401) 477-0610